Top Quality Dental Implants in South Loop
If you live in the South Loop area and have considered investing in dental implants, you have come to the right place. At DentAart Chicago, our team of cosmetic dentistry specialists have been restoring the smiles of Chicagoland residents for years, and can help you regain your confidence with a new set of dental implants.
Types of Dental Implants
Educating yourself on the various dental implants available is important when deciding which procedure is right for you. Choosing which option best meets your needs depends on the number of missing or deteriorated teeth you’re dealing with, as well as other personal preferences you may have. DentArt Chicago offers the following implant options:
- Single Tooth Dental Implant: This common option involves one tooth being replaced by a titanium implant that is inserted into the patient’s jawbone, then covered by a support abutment and a natural looking dental crown.
- Implant-Supported Bridges: These types of dental bridges are connected to titanium posts and do not rely on surrounding teeth for support.
- All-on-X Implant-Supported Fixed Complete Dentures: This is a unique combination of traditional dentures and implants. Four to six titanium implants are placed into the patient’s jawbone with a proper A-P spread distribution. With fully digital workflow, implant supported complete denture will be delivered after 4-6 appointments.
DentArt Chicago’s Restorative Dentistry Process
The basic method remains the same for most dental implant procedures, however, depending on which implant you decide on, this process may vary slightly.
- You will receive an initial consultation, where one of our dentists will examine your mouth and assess your current oral health through the use of X-rays and impressions. They will give their professional opinion on which treatment plan they feel would work best for you.
- Once you have decided on the implant option you prefer, any decayed teeth will be removed from the area. A dental implant will then be surgically inserted into your jawbone and beneath the gum line, where it will need to heal for several months.
- Upon healing, an abutment and an artificial crown will be placed over the implant.
Why Get Dental Implants
Dental implants are not only for creating beautiful smiles. They can also help with more practical issues, such as:
- Restore functionality to your smile
- Improve chewing function and efficiency
- Increase confidence
- Benefit oral and overall health
- Prevent tooth shifting
- Eliminate bite collapse issues
What is the advantage of dental implants?
The advantage of dental implants is that they can be used as an anchor to restore missing teeth. This makes it much more comfortable and improves chewing efficiency.
First step before getting dental implants
The first step is doing a comprehensive oral examination to see if you're a good candidate for dental implants. We will check your medical condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or smoking habits. If these conditions are not under control, we do not recommend dental implants until they are.
What else will be checked in the oral examination?
We will check your mouth for decay or active gum disease or any habits like clenching or grinding your teeth. If these conditions are present, we need to get any infections or inflammation under control before providing the dental implants.
After the oral examination
After the oral exam, we will check the missing tooth area or unrestored tooth structure. Then, we will make a detailed treatment plan before performing the implant placement surgery.
Can medical conditions affect implant therapy?
Yes, if you have certain medical conditions like uncontrolled diabetes or heavy smoking habits, these can cause inflammation of your gum or bone, leading to more bone loss. In the long term, the implant may get biological complications like bone loss around the implant, which can result in a failing implant.
Based on the comprehensive oral examination, your doctor will normally give you a couple of options. We will choose the best option for you to benefit from the treatment and ensure it has a long-term predictable outcome.
Process of getting a dental implant
First, we will extract the tooth. After tooth extraction, we will do a bone graft to make the site suitable for the implant. Then, we will place the implant. Three months later, the implant will be integrated with the bone so then we can make the crown, bridge, or overdenture on top of that implant.
When is a bone graft required?
A bone graft is required when the site of the missing tooth does not have sufficient bone in terms of height or width to hold the implant. In this case, we would need to do a bone graft to build up the bone volume so that we can place the implant and get a solid foundation for it.
Contact DentArt Chicago to Schedule A Consultation
At DentArt Chicago, you can rest assured that your smile and oral health always come first. Our knowledgeable dental professionals excel at restorative dentistry in Chicago, including dental bonding, dentures, full mouth reconstruction, and a variety of other customizable treatment options.
Our dental implant professionals are members of the American College of Prosthodontists and the American Academy of Periodontology and are highly experienced in multiple areas of tooth restoration. If you’re looking to restore your smile after tooth loss, injury, or damage, call us to schedule your initial consultation, or simply fill out our convenient online form.
Brighten your smile today by visiting DentArt Chicago in the South Loop of Chicago, IL for restorative dentistry services.